Lyon is among the best metropolitan areas in France that you need to visit. The town is third largest within France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps region. The city is renowned for its historical and cultural heritage. A number of its buildings and galleries have been indexed by world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This cathedral is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during Twelfth and the 13th century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been closed for hopes and are stored for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is actually the oldest theater in France and was started in Eleventh century AD. There is a great respect and value for this amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a popular park that's made in the actual English style of architecture. The park had been built throughout the 19th century and is one of the biggest and most beautiful city parks associated with France. It is a great place for family outings and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the park include a big greenhouse, organic garden along with a rose garden. Recently African Plains have also been additional where the creatures can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and was later reopened in 1993. The area has located many opera performances as well as dance exhibits. The glass ceiling of the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is an additional fascinating appeal. The aquarium tank is located around the outskirts of the city and has a bit of entertainment for almost everyone. There are a number of varieties of fish and other marine life varieties have been stored here. Many informative classes and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dance lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can learn various style of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest shopping mall in France. The mall has the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to determine and discover restaurants à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and you can take possibly TGV train or even bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the 3rd largest town and second largest metropolitan area in France. This city is known for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This city was founded by the Roman empire and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city can be found between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km away from Paris. You can reach presently there from Geneva that is just 170 km away. It is situated in East associated with France between two rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and weather conditions are nice to visit in the 30 days of Sept and October.